A keratin treatment is your answer to unmanageable and frizzy hair. While a hair keratin treatment gives you sleeker and smoother hair, it is s great idea to know what to expect before diving in. You must read on and make an informed decision for your keratin hair treatment.
Keratin treatment by hairstylists is now cheap, and it is important that you know how to make the most of it. You should know how to mainly care for your keratin-treated hair after getting it done. Of course, there are preparations you need to make before getting one, but you must know specifically what to do once its done. In this article, you will learn that which is why it is important for you to read until the end.
Before Taking a Shower, Apply Conditioner
Keep in mind that every time your hair is touched by water, it will cause moisture and other goodness to begin leaking out. When you apply a moisture-rich conditioner before your shower, it will reduce swelling during the hair wash and it prolongs the results of Keratin Treatment. After cleansing, put on a prescribed conditioner or masque.
You can also replace your conditioner with a masque. After all, masque has greater benefits, and the price of a vis-à-vis does not have a lot of difference.
3 Days After Your Treatment
Care within the first 72 hours after getting your treatment is important for getting long-lasting and optimal results. Always remember that you should not wet your hair.
- Once you shower, use a shower cap and make sure that no hair is sticking out.
- If you sweat or work out, you need to dry your hair right away. You must use flat iron and blow-dry it with low to medium heat immediately.
- You should not go swimming, not even if you are wearing a swim cap.
- No baths, saunas, steam showers, hot tubs, skating, and skiing.
- Carry a loose hat and umbrella, or even a shower cap, no matter where you go if the forecast says there will be fog or rain.
- When you are washing your face or brushing your teeth, make sure to put on a shower cap or spa band so your hair is held back.
- Long hair can get tucked into your shirt to keep it from falling into the water.
- Do not tuck your hair behind your ears, no bands with clips, no up-dos, no braids, and sleep with your hair loose.
What are the Advantages of Keratin Treatments?
- It saves time – For those who normally style their hair, the treatment shortens the blow-drying time by 40 to 60%.
- The ones with unmanageable hair can stay away from frizz and roughness. Normally, hair stays straight, frizz-free, and smooth even when the weather is humid.
- Keratin can coat your hair strands and offer protection from environmental and sun damage.
- Keratin helps rebond and strengthen your hair, which makes hair strands resilient to hair breakage.
- There is very little minimal upkeep involved and you can enjoy luscious soft hair from 3 to 6 months depending on the treatment you are opting for.
- A keratin treatment every couple of months is less damaging compared to the heat styling effect every day on your hair.
A keratin treatment lasts for up to 5 months, depending on the lifestyle, adherence, maintenance, and aftercare instructions. You need to use shampoos that contain sulfate to maintain great results. You should also use sodium chloride-free hair products.
These are the most important things you need to remember after coming back from keratin treatment salon Bethesda so you can get the most out of it.