Some people are blessed to have naturally-luscious, healthy hair. And here you are, wishing that you have hair as thick and lustrous as those popular celebrities walking on red carpet events. But whether you have curly, straight, thick, or thin hair, we have a major responsibility of taking care of our hair and ensure its optimum health.
There are ways to thicken or make your hair more voluminous. For one, you can use hair grower/thickening shampoos, creams, or serums. On the other hand, you can visit a hair extensions salon near you. You can choose from a wide variety of hair extension options – from human hair extensions or clip-in hair extensions.
Another popular option is the fusion hair extension. It can provide a natural look as if it is your real hair. For optimum results, it should be installed properly by professional salons that do hair extensions. Otherwise, your fusion hair extensions can mean disaster.
Basic facts about hair extensions
For starters, hair extensions are one of the most popular hair treatment that helps in adding volume and length on your natural hair. Hair extensions can either be made from synthetic or natural hair. Between the two, the latter is more expensive – more so if it is made from virgin hair. On the other hand, synthetic hair is more affordable and would use it for only a short time.
Among popular hair extension options include:
- Clip-in hair extensions
- Weave hair extensions
- Micro ring hair extensions
- Tape-in hair extensions
- Fusion hair extensions
So, why you should consider getting hair extensions? For one, it is a faster way to have longer hair. By having hair extensions, you won’t have to wait for months to grow out your natural hair. It can also add volume to your thin hair. Plus, you can easily style and even dye your hair any way you want (preferably if you use natural hair extensions).
Types of fusion hair extensions
There are also different types of hair extensions. One of the most popular ones is the hot fusion hair extensions. It is also considered one of the most durable hair extension application methods available as it can stay in up to six months, as long as with proper application and care. However, it can take some time to apply and should be applied professionally.
On the other hand, there are also cold fusion hair extensions. The application process is shorter than using hot fusion hair extensions. However, it only stays in place for up to three months. If you want long-lasting fusion hair extensions, then you should opt for the former instead.
Caring for fusion hair extensions
If you want a long-lasting hair extension, you can opt for fusion hair extensions instead. It can provide a natural look on your hair as if it is your natural hair. Make sure it is installed by professional salons that do hair extensions.
On your part, you should also take care of your newly-installed hair extensions. Here are some tips to remember for proper hair extension care.
- Use sulfate-free hair products. This is to prevent your hair extensions from becoming dull, dry, and lose color.
- Avoid using heavy hair products that can weigh down and damage the fusion hair extensions.
- Learn the right way of washing the hair extensions. Wash your hair from root to tip with a slow, gentle motion while working on the shampoo. Apply conditioner to the middle part of your hair (not the roots) and then work on the ends. Better yet, add more conditioner at the hair tips to lessen tangles.
- You can use hot tools such as curlers or straightening irons as long as it does not touch the roots. Make sure to adjust in the right heat, or the extensions can become sticky and damaged.
- Experts suggest tying your hair in a low braid or ponytail before you sleep. Avoid sleeping with your hair (including the extensions) wet.
- Make sure to schedule regular trimming every five to six weeks. This will help you determine whether you’re doing great in maintaining your hair extensions.
Find hair extension experts in your area
Fusion hair extensions can be one of the best hair extension options out there. It depends on your preference and hair needs. If you want to have one, make sure to consult professional hairstylists who do hair extension in a salon in Potomac.